Forums Events Restaurants Articles Farms Caterers Subscribe! My Account

North Carolina BBQ Forums Q&A

Got Questions? We've got Answers!
Welcome to North Carolina BBQ Forums QA Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Why are there time gaps in the posts? - The forums were taken offline in ~2013 and were (finally) restored in 2023. Feel free to start a new thread or reply to an existing one.

Franklin County Sirens BBQ competition

Last post 11-15-2012, 8:12 AM by Another_Q_Lover. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  09-06-2012, 7:17 AM 440

Franklin County Sirens BBQ competition

The Franklin County United Way is hosting the second annual BBQ competition on October 27, 2012 located at the Wal-mart parking lot in Louisburg NC. The competitors are local law enforcement, fire, and rescue all competing against each other on whole hog, chicken, sauce, and plate sales. Lake Royale PD is the team to beat this year scoring two first place finishes on the inaugural event last year. If you are close by, stop and get a plate. This year they have expanded the entertainment by providing a live band. Hope to see you there.
  •  09-06-2012, 10:05 AM 441 in reply to 440

Re: Franklin County Sirens BBQ competition

Who are they using for judges??? Have they gotten "celebrity" judges or are they truly serious and have CBJs (Certified Barbecue Judges)? Hopefully the latter. If they are still looking for CBJs, my wife and I are free that weekend (she is CBJ with KCBS (Kansas City Barbeque Society) and MBN (Memphis Barbecue Network), and I am CBJ with KCBS, MBN, and NCPC (North Carolina Pork Council).

Please let me know if we can help.
    THANKS!
    Tom
    Tom (aka "Another_Q_Lover" & "BBQ.TOM")
    CMJ w/ KCBS
    CBJ w/ MBN, NCPC, NCBS, & NCBBQA
    OBJ w/ BBQ Critic.com
    CTC w/ KCBS
    Pitmaster and Chef - 4 Lil' Pigs Competition Barbecue Team
    Author of "A 'Q' Review"
  •  09-13-2012, 2:05 PM 448 in reply to 441

Local judging. I am sure as time continues, they will evolve. You should come by and introduce yourself to the United Way Director and talk about your qualifications. Most competitors would probably like for you to talk to them also. I am new to BBQ competition and not sure how well mine would compare to those on a circuit. Would be nice to hear the opinion of a professional judge. Hope to see ya there.
  •  11-15-2012, 8:12 AM 475 in reply to 448

I apologize! This contest completely fell off my radar and I totally forgot about it! Would have been nice to get out there and seen what all was going on.
    Hopefully this will be planned again next year! If so, PLEASE let me know so we can at least come out and talk with the organizer and teams.

How did everything turn out? How many teams and how did you do in particular?
    Tom (aka "Another_Q_Lover" & "BBQ.TOM")
    CMJ w/ KCBS
    CBJ w/ MBN, NCPC, NCBS, & NCBBQA
    OBJ w/ BBQ Critic.com
    CTC w/ KCBS
    Pitmaster and Chef - 4 Lil' Pigs Competition Barbecue Team
    Author of "A 'Q' Review"
View as RSS news feed in XML