Forums Events Restaurants Articles Farms Caterers Subscribe! My Account

North Carolina BBQ Forums Q&A

Got Questions? We've got Answers!
Welcome to North Carolina BBQ Forums QA Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Why are there time gaps in the posts? - The forums were taken offline in ~2013 and were (finally) restored in 2023. Feel free to start a new thread or reply to an existing one.

Fat Cat's Pork-N-Beans BBQ

Last post 03-22-2012, 3:30 PM by Another_Q_Lover. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  08-05-2010, 3:40 PM 357

WOW!  This is the BEST barbecue that I've ever had in a restaurant!!!  ANYWHERE!!!

I was disappointed when I pulled into the parking lot and discovered that my previous favorite Q-joint had closed, that is until I tasted this new offering!  Country Barbecue had previously occupied this facility and had wonderful Q, but this new establishment is even better!  Fat Cat's had only been open for four days when I stopped in, but they sure know how to do barbecue right!  This Q was very moist and tender and had excellent flavor!  The sauce was mixed in, but was a really good Lexington style dip and complimented the pork perfectly!  A nice amount of smoke was detected and the flavor was balanced.  The Q-slaw was a wee bit chunky with good spicy flavor.  Baked beans were runny with lots of bacon and green pepper - okay flavor.  Puppies were excellent - light & crispy with no onion flavor.  Barbecue was GREAT!!!  $5.49 plus tea (.99) & tax & tip.  PitMaster Eric gave me the tour after I complimented him on the great Q.  Rated 4.9!!

411 West Fairfield Road
    High Point, NC  27260
    (336) 887-2326

Tom (aka "Another_Q_Lover" & "BBQ.TOM")
    CMJ w/ KCBS
    CBJ w/ MBN, NCPC, NCBS, & NCBBQA
    OBJ w/ BBQ Critic.com
    CTC w/ KCBS
    Pitmaster and Chef - 4 Lil' Pigs Competition Barbecue Team
    Author of "A 'Q' Review"
  •  03-22-2012, 3:30 PM 405 in reply to 357