Forums Events Restaurants Articles Farms Caterers Subscribe! My Account

North Carolina BBQ Forums Q&A

Got Questions? We've got Answers!
Welcome to North Carolina BBQ Forums QA Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Why are there time gaps in the posts? - The forums were taken offline in ~2013 and were (finally) restored in 2023. Feel free to start a new thread or reply to an existing one.

Hubba Hubba Woodfired Smokehouse in Flat Rock

Last post 05-02-2010, 3:44 PM by donald. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  04-30-2010, 9:55 AM 337

Hubba Hubba Woodfired Smokehouse in Flat Rock

It's me again with another Q review:

This time I grabbed a pulled pork sandwich at Hubba Hubba Woodfired Smokehouse, 2724 Greenville Hwy., Flat Rock, NC  28731 - (828)694-3551.  This is a little take-out only establishment with lots of picnic tables under big shade trees down off the highway behind a couple store-fronts that are located directly on the road.  If you aren't looking for the sign you will definitely miss it!  Okay, on with the review:

The sandwich was quite big and consisted of large pulled pork pieces with lots of smoke flavor. The meat was fairly moist and tender, even the bark.  I tried all 4 sauces available ( BBQ, Mustard, Chipotle, and Tomatillo) and all were okay - nothing spectacular.  Lots of meat on a big toasted bun.  Saute'ed Slaw was definitely different - LONG shreds of cabbage with onion and tangy dressing.  This was definitely not my kind of slaw!!!  $6.00 plus Tax.  Picked up the sandwich on m way home from a site visit in East Flat Rock, after having lunch at Green River Bar-B-Que in Saluda.

This pork rated a 3.5 on my 1.0 (bad) to 5.0 (best) scale.  I'd eat here again, but only if I couldn't find another Q-joint to try in the area.

Tom (aka "Another_Q_Lover" & "BBQ.TOM")
    CMJ w/ KCBS
    CBJ w/ MBN, NCPC, NCBS, & NCBBQA
    OBJ w/ BBQ Critic.com
    CTC w/ KCBS
    Pitmaster and Chef - 4 Lil' Pigs Competition Barbecue Team
    Author of "A 'Q' Review"
  •  05-02-2010, 3:44 PM 339 in reply to 337

Re: Hubba Hubba Woodfired Smokehouse in Flat Rock

Thanks for the great reviews!
View as RSS news feed in XML