Forums Events Restaurants Articles Farms Caterers Subscribe! My Account

North Carolina BBQ Forums Q&A

Got Questions? We've got Answers!
Welcome to North Carolina BBQ Forums QA Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Why are there time gaps in the posts? - The forums were taken offline in ~2013 and were (finally) restored in 2023. Feel free to start a new thread or reply to an existing one.

Auman's on 87 Diner (south of Graham)

Last post 04-20-2010, 1:06 PM by Another_Q_Lover. 0 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  04-20-2010, 1:06 PM 334

Auman's on 87 Diner (south of Graham)

Hey Y'all,

I tried yet another establishment serving Q in North Carolina yesterday for lunch and thought I'd post my review.  The place is named:  Auman's on 87 Diner, 6956 South NC 87, Graham, NC  27253 - (336)376-9956.  It is located quite a distance south of Graham on NC 87 on the left shortly before getting to East Greensboro - Chapel Hill Road in Eli Whitney.  Just a small diner with a few tables inside the door on the right and a slightly larger room on the left.

They have a variety of foods - hamburgers, club sandwiches, ribs, etc, but have both a BBQ sandwich and BBQ plate.  It isn't necessarily a Q-joint, but the Q is pretty good anyway.
    I got the Chopped BBQ plate with Cole slaw and Pintos and Hushpuppies along with Sweet Tea.

The Q had good moistness but was fairly chewy with good flavor - a little smoke and slight vinegar twang. Cole-slaw was finely chopped without much dressing but lots of pepper. Pintos were okay, cooked good without any meat evidence. Puppies were definitely different - long thin strips with good flavor and consistancy without onion. Tea was GREAT! $7.49 plus Tea ($1.49) & Tax = $9.68

I gave the barbeque a solid 4.0 on my 1.0 (worst) to 5.0 (best) rating scale.  I've now been to 294 different restaurants serving pork barbecue, with 259 of them being in North Carolina and only 40 of them not "Q-joints" (but still serving chopped pork barbeque). 

My quest continues...Big Smile [:D]

Tom (aka "Another_Q_Lover" & "BBQ.TOM")
    CMJ w/ KCBS
    CBJ w/ MBN, NCPC, NCBS, & NCBBQA
    OBJ w/ BBQ Critic.com
    CTC w/ KCBS
    Pitmaster and Chef - 4 Lil' Pigs Competition Barbecue Team
    Author of "A 'Q' Review"
View as RSS news feed in XML